Our fourth book of the year is Nabeel Qureshi’s ‘Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity’. This is the first autobiography we have read this year so this is a change!
We will be meeting from 10:30am -12.30pm at Mug Head Coffee Shop in New Cross. If you haven’t been before, do come and join us. We are a friendly bunch and there is some great food and drinks available for purchase.
This book was selected by a vote by members a few months ago and at July’s meeting we will be selecting the next two books. If you have any suggestions for book, do let us know.
The book is available online or bookstores. As a guide, Amazon retails the paperback from £10 or £9.99 on Kindle.
The book is available on Amazon and the link is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seeking-Allah-Finding-Jesus-Christianity/dp/0310515025
Background to the Author
Nabeel Qureshi sadly passed away in September 2017 at just 34 years of age. He was a New York times best selling author who wrote about Christian apologetics. Nabeeel Qureshi was also an accomplished speaker and gave lectured at Universities across the world such as Oxford, Dartmouth, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, and the University of Hong Kong. During his short life, he took part and moderated public debates on religion in North America, Europe, and Asia
Proverbs 27:17 reminds us that ‘As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another’ (NIV translation)
Mughead Coffee Shop 359 New Cross Road SE14 6AT
Nearest over ground/stations
New Cross Station (4 minute walk)
New Cross Gate Station (4 minute walk)
Bus stop is (Marquis of Granby Goldsmiths (Stop X) is opposite the Coffee Shop
Buses that stop nearby: 21,53,172,321,453
To plan your journey please use: https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
Book club meeting format
10.30: Arrive/buy drinks
12:15: Suggestions for the next book
Please note the following
· There is £2 rsvp fee for attending A small fee also helps the organisers to have a better idea of how many members will be coming so that we can prepare accordingly. There is a booking fee for using Eventbrite (68p)
· The maximum number of people who can attend this meet up is 8 members
· There is no refund for rsvping and if you can no longer make it, you can arrange with someone else to attend and they can pay you. We will only offer a refund if the meetup is cancelled or the venue is not available and we cannot find an alternative venue.
· As we are meeting in Mughead Coffee Shop (New Cross Road SE14 6AT), please do not consume drinks or food purchased from other outlets at the venue.
· To find us, please look at for a Bookclub & More logo on a table.
About Bookclub and More
The aim of Bookclub and More is to meet with other people who like to read and talk about books. It is hoped that through this, members will share, grow, widen their knowledge and along the way hopefully make some new friends too!
We read Christian and Inspirational books both fiction and non-fiction. The aim is to meet 6 times a year for a book discussion. Generally, we try to meet every other month in an independent coffee shop. Plus there is an annual dinner in November. The annual dinner is a social where we meet and talk and books and more.
If you would like more information, check out our social media channels:
Information correct as of June 27, 2019 00:31