Our next read is Beth Moore’s ‘When Godly People do Ungoduly things: Arming yourself in the Age of Seduction’. This book won the member vote at our dinner back in November 2017. Beth Moore is an American author, evangelist and bible teacher. Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word.
If this book sparks your interest, do come along. Our Bookclub welcomes all!
Join us for a book discussion at 10.30am on Saturday 30th March at Mughead Coffee Shop, 359 New Cross Road SE14 6AT.
Purchasing the book/audio/tablet/kindle versions
If you are not keen on reading the book, you can listen to the book by downloading an audio version of the text. Check http://www.audible.co.uk/
On Amazon, the paperback version is reasonably priced and you can also get used copies too.
Paper back £12.99:
Or from Eden (£14.96) which comes with free delivery.
Proverbs 27:17 reminds us that ‘As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another’ (NIV translation)
Mughead Coffee Shop 359 New Cross Road SE14 6AT
Nearest over ground/stations
New Cross Station (4 minute walk)
New Cross Gate Station (4 minute walk)
Bus stop is (Marquis of Granby Goldsmiths (Stop X) is opposite the Coffee Shop
Buses that stop nearby: 21,53,172,321,453
To plan your journey please use: plan-a-journey/
Book club meeting format
10.30: Arrive/buy drinks
12:15: Suggestions for the next book
Please note the following
· There is £2 rsvp fee for attending A small fee also helps the organisers to have a better idea of how many members will be coming so that we can prepare accordingly. There is a booking fee for using Eventbrite (68p)
· The maximum number of people who can attend this meet up is 8 members
· There is no refund for rsvping and if you can no longer make it, you can arrange with someone else to attend and they can pay you. We will only offer a refund if the meetup is cancelled or the venue is not available and we cannot find an alternative venue.
· As we are meeting in Mughead Coffee Shop (New Cross Road SE14 6AT), please do not consume drinks or food purchased from other outlets at the venue.
· To find us, please look at for a Bookclub & More logo on a table.
About Bookclub and More
The aim of Bookclub and More is to meet with other people who like to read and talk about books. It is hoped that through this, members will share, grow, widen their knowledge and along the way hopefully make some new friends too!
We read Christian and Inspirational books both fiction and non-fiction. The aim is to meet 6 times a year for a book discussion. Generally, we try to meet every other month in an independent coffee shop. Plus there is an annual dinner in November. The annual dinner is a social where we meet and talk and books and more.
If you would like more information, check out our social media channels:
Instagram page (Bookclubandmore)
Facebook (Bookclub & More).
Information correct as of March 22, 2019 05:31